Winter destination Carinthia
Skiing in all its facets, ice skating in a unique natural landscape, wellness and well-being in Carinthia's accommodation establishments, sledding, snowshoeing and enjoying Carinthian culinary delights at their best.
Winter holidays on wide, safe slopes, away from the crowds. On snow-covered alpine pastures with touring or cross-country skis, on frozen lakes skating in the open air or winter hiking in a snow-covered fairytale landscape. On the southern side of the Austrian Alps, the ski slopes are particularly sunny. One more reason why Carinthia is becoming increasingly popular as a winter sports destination, especially with families. The sunny slopes combined with southern hospitality, rounded off with Carinthian Alps-Adriatic cuisine, make for a perfect winter holiday.
Information about the season openings of the ski resorts can be found here.
The major ski areas | Home of our ski aces and showcase destinations
Carinthia's top ski areas with guaranteed snow, a wide range of winter sports of all kinds and slopes of all levels of difficulty. They offer a skiing experience with everything your heart desires and accommodation in all star categories.
- Nassfeld (30 lifts / 110 km of pistes) | nassfeld.at
- Bad Kleinkirchheim (24 lifts / 103 km of pistes) | badkleinkirchheim.com
- Gerlitzen (20 lifts / 45 km of pistes) | gerlitzen.com
- Katschberg (16 lifts / 70 km of pistes) | katschi.at
- Turracher Höhe (14 lifts / 42 km of pistes) | turracherhoehe.at
- Heiligenblut – Großglockner (12 lifts / 55 km of pistes) | gross-glockner.at
- Mölltaler Gletscher (9 lifts / 24 km of pistes) | gletscher.co.at
The medium-sized ski areas score with cosiness and beautiful nature experiences.
Those who want to take it a little easier and like less hustle and bustle will feel at home in the medium-sized Carinthian ski resorts. Each one is unique and offers great deals for winter sports enthusiasts, as well as skiing experiences in the midst of a wonderful winter landscape with rustic gastronomy, high on the Carinthian mountains.
Our tip is the Falkert with the Heidi Alm. A delightful cosy ski resort - specialised for families and children.
- Goldeck (9 lifts/ 25 km of pistes) | sportberg-goldeck.com
- Dreiländereck (8 lifts / 17 km of pistes) | 3laendereck.at
- Simonhöhe (8 lifts / 15 km of pistes) | simonhoehe.at
- Hochrindl/Sirnitz (7 lifts / 20 kom of pistes) | hochrindl.at
- Koralpe (6 lifts / 24 km of pistes) | koralpe-kaernten.at
- Klippitzthörl (6 lifts / 28 km of pistes) | klippitz.at
- Falkert – Heidi Alm (6 lifts / 11 km of pistes) | heidialm.at
- St. Jakob (6 lifts / 23 km of pistes) | www.stjakob-ski.at
- Ankogel-Mallnitz (5 lifts/ 18 km of pistes) | ankogel-ski.at
The small ski resorts - small - fine - unique
The smallest of Carinthia's ski areas have a total of 46 kilometres of slopes. They are excellent day trip destinations and offer skiing experiences of a special kind. Each one is unique with unique experiences, perfect for skiing beginners and holidaymakers who want to spend their holidays far away from the hustle and bustle.
Our tip: Lake Weissensee in particular, in combination with the natural ice skating rink at Lake Weissensee, is ideal for a winter holiday of a special kind in an environment that invites you to slow down.
The Carinthia Tourist Board team is available for your personal holiday enquiries at +43 463 3000 or email@example.com.
From the airport to
your vacation accomodation
Individual and group transfers from and to Klagenfurt Airport.
Enjoy the perfect shuttle service from Klagenfurt Airport to all major ski regions of Carinthia and beyond. In order to book your ride from the airport to your holiday accommodation see information and links below. Start your holiday without the hassle!
From the airport to your holiday accomodation:
Book your transfer now
Shuttle services will take you to your holiday accomodation in Carinthia and beyond (Slovenia, Styria, Salzburg or Tyrol)
Choose from the options of shared ride ("Cheaper collective transfer") or single ride ("Individual transfer")